We are direct importers of LED spotlights, LED bike lights, LED light bars, LED strips and many more LED products.
LED lights are the lighting of the future
You can save up to 80% electricity by using LED lights instead of normal incandescent light bulbs.
The LED Strip lights are very popular to use in cars, boats, caravans, model trains, cupboards, sign writing, etc.
This web site is my LED information web site.
You can buy all my LED related products at my online store at http://www.4x4direct.co.za
Facts about LED Strips:
- The code 3528 means that the LED is 3.5mm x 2.8mm in size
- The code 5050 means that the LED is 5mm x 5mm in size
- We mainly sell 3528 and 5050 LED strips
- When you get quotations for LED strips note that there are various density of LEDs on the strip. We mainly sell strips which contains 60 LEDs per meter. You also get with 30 LEDs per meter or even less.
- Most of our LED strips are about 10mm wide and 3mm high.
- The LED strips come in 5 meter rolls
- You can cut it any length after each 3rd LED which is about a 50mm piece
- LED strips uses 12V DC which makes it ideal for cars, boats, caravans
- You get the LED strips in various colours like white, warm white, blue, yellow, green, red
- You get the LED strip in waterproof as well as NON-waterproof
- Waterproof LED strips is covered by a silicon coating which protects the LEDs and circuit
- NON-waterproof LED strips are cheaper that the waterproof models and is ideal to use inside a cupboard.
- the 5050 LED strip is much more expensive than the 3528 but emits double the amount of light.
- 2x 300mm 3528 LED strips are more than sufficient light for the inside of your 4x4 double cab's canopy
- LED Strips uses very little power which makes it ideal for battery driven applications like boats, 4x4, camping, etc.
- 3528 led strip light 60leds/m uses 300mA per meter and is 3w per meter
- 5050 led strip light 60leds/m uses 720mA per meter and is 9W per meter
- The LED strip is easy to install, it has double sided tape on the back, thus you just stick it to almost any surface.
- The LED strip is flexible
- most LEDs are rated to last 50,000 hours
Duwayne - Gordons Bay
I installed the led replacement light in the prado while my wife was driving yesterday haha
wow it is awesome man!
Even used it to reach the garage lights last nite in the dark, just opened the door to activate it and wala the entie triple garage lite up haha.
it is like daylite inside the vehicle.
Our waterproof LED strips are ideal for light in 4x4's, trailers, caravans and on boats. It is also used in cupboards and for sign writing. The LED strip is flexible and has double sided tape on the back for easy installation. It runs on 12V DC which means that you can run the LED strip directly from the vehicle's battery. The LED strip gives far more light at a fraction of the electricity usage which means that you can run the lights all night without depleting your vehicle's battery. The LED Strips are also available in colours like green which is ideal to use for camping as it does not attract as much insects as white light. All strips are also available in bright white or warm white.
You can buy it in bulk rolls and cut any length you want or you can buy pre-cut lengths. We have two sizes available, 5050 (5mm LED) and 3528 (3mm LED)
Click here to see: how to cut the LED Strips | Used in a canopy
Click here to get it